In a potential escalation of tensions, the deputy governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu, may be relocated to a separate building outside the Government House, intensifying the already strained relationship with the state governor, Godwin Obaseki.
Findings on Saturday revealed that the new office is situated at No. 7, Dennis Osadebey Avenue, close to the Government House.
The dispute between the state’s first two citizens garnered attention when Shaibu filed a request to halt his impeachment at the Federal High Court in Abuja. Blessing Agbebaku, the Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, and the governor, however, refuted the action.
The building used to be the office of the Edo State Public Procurement Office commissioned by a former governor of the state, Adams Oshiomhole, on December 16, 2014.
A sign board with the inscription ‘Office of the Deputy Governor’ was placed at the entrance. Workers were seen renovating the building and the compound, while renovation was yet to commence at the security post.
I’m satisfied with conduct of Edo LG poll – Obaseki
Speaking about the development, the Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, Chris Nehikhare said, “If there is a government sign board saying so, then it must be so.”
Below are the pictures:
BREAKINGS.1st Batch of Adustech…
1st Batch of Adustech wudil 2022/2023 Admission list is out
Kindly visit https://kustwudil.edu.ng/admission_list to check ur admission
The post appeared first on Nigerian Students.
UBA NATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION, 2023
Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) take over Human Intelligence? What should students do to ensure AI doesn’t override but enhance their ability to learn through research?
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Must be in Senior Secondary school
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a scanned copy of a means of identification (birth certificate, National ID, or passport)
The first prize for the UBA National Essay Competition is a N5 million educational grant to any African University of their choice, while the second and third prizes are N3 million and N2.5 million in educational grants to African Universities, respectively.
How to Apply
- Applicant must submit their valid contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address, and Email Address).
- Applicants must upload a scanned copy of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Applicants must upload a handwritten essay on the portal.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 20th, 2023
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
AKWA IBOM STATE POLYTECHNIC, IKOT ANNOUNCES DATE FOR 2023/2024 SCREENING EXERCISE
This to inform all Higher National Diploma (HND) and National Diploma (ND) full time candidates who registered for the 2023/2024 admissions in Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua that the Departmental screening of eligible candidates is scheduled as follows;
- Date: Tues 26th – Fri 29th September 2023
- Time: 9am prompt each day
- Venue: Candidates are to go to their respective departments
REQUIREMENTS FOR SCREENING
- 1 ND statement of result
- 2 Acknowledgment slip of form purchase
- 3 WAEC / NECO statement of results
- 4 Letter of completion of industrial attachment
- 1 JAMB online result print out
- 2 WAEC/ NECO statement of result
- 3 Acknowledgement slip of form purchase
NOTE: Original copies of credentials will be sighted in the process. Names of successful candidates will be published and candidates will be notified after the screening exercise. Please be guided .
News4 months ago
Full Text of President Bola Tinubu’s Inauguration Speech on May 29, 2023
Headlines2 months ago
Full Text Of President Bola Tinubu’s Address To Nigerians On Socio-economic Challenges
Headlines9 months ago
Pakistan Govt Jobs Today – Punjab Information Technology Board PITB Jobs 2022
Headlines4 months ago
Nigerians Berate Tinubu’s Subsidy Removal, Says Dangote Won’t Subsidise Petrol For Nigeria
CELEBRITY NEWS3 months ago
Hilda Baci: 6 Benefits the Nigerian Chef May Enjoy as Guinness World Record Holder
Education12 months ago
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OKO RELEASES COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) EXAMINATION TIMETABLE FOR THE 2021/2022 ACADEMIC SESSION
Headlines4 months ago
Apapa labels Peter Obi a liar after court scuffle with LP supporters
Headlines3 months ago
IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of Week-Long Sit-At-Home In South East