The Coca-Cola Company (Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
Coca-Cola employees enjoy some incentive which includes the complete package of total compensation, benefits, well-being, and recognition you receive as a Coca-Cola employee.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest vacancy at Coca-Cola Nigeria.
Tax & Accounting Analyst
The Tax and Accounting Analyst is responsible for assisting the Legal Entity Controller for Nigeria on compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, Taxes and other local accounting regulations, as well as company accounting policies. More specifically, assist in facilitating and review of extracting, analyzing, and collating information used in responses to Revenue Authorities’ audits and also as routine requests for information from them. Support tax inspections/audits from the local Revenue Authorities. This role is also responsible for supporting the Controllership team and Corporate Tax Counsel in the implementation of new tax laws in Nigeria
Key responsibilities will include:
Tax Compliance: 40%
- Extract information from SAP, archives and liaise with Operating Unit and Franchise Unit departments and Platform Services teams to obtain supporting information required for tax audits and authority’s request for additional information
- Analyze, compile and present supporting information required by routine tax authority’s information requests and audits in collaboration with Corporate Tax and EY
- Prepare the monthly VAT and Withholding Taxes Computations, Returns and payment requests and prepare related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger
- Prepare the Quarterly tax computations for income tax and related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger
- Assist LEC on provisional income tax computation for quarterly reporting under USGAAP
- Prepare annual tax calculation, return and accompanying tax schedules for review by LEC
- Support monthly reconciliation of tax related GL accounts and follow up of reconciling items
- Assist LEC in the quarterly update of the Deferred Tax listing of permanent and temporary difference for all balance sheet accounts
- Research and respond to ad hoc tax queries and related assignments as may be allocated by the LEC
Statutory Audit and Compliance: 30%
- Own tax compliance review by EY Tax every month and quarter
- Ensure our transactions are incompliance with standard practice and procedures of company
- Ensure our accounting records and local financial statements are ready for statutory audit
- Ensure Balance Sheet analysis are properly and timely performed and supported.
- Provide all documentation and information required by auditors properly and timely.
- Support LEC on tax compliance review of EY, statutory audit (IFRS) and tax authority’s audit, in regards to the answers to queries.
USGAAP and Local GAAP Reporting: 30%
- Support the local GAAP financial statements preparation and related reviews.
- Support for quarterly review of the local GAAP financial statements and act upon accordingly
- Support for interacting with other areas, such Intercompany, Payroll and Procure to pay teams.
- Assist LEC on the Monthly review of the balance sheet analysis, followed by applicable comments in order to request action plans to solve aged or incorrect items with the Operating Unit.
- Support other areas relative to company accounting issues to ensure the correct application of corporate tax and legal requirements.
- Support LEC on communication of Month-end and Year-end close with Genpact and IS FS Teams to meet the monthly deadlines.
- Support LEC during Internal Audits (CAD).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the Coca-Cola system or equivalent multinational environment;
- Fluent in English (verbal and writing) and has excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS/Local GAAP and local Tax Compliance
- Experience with internal and external Audits
- Exhibits Growth Behaviors (Empowered, Curious, Inclusive and Agile)
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate across different teams
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and take a proactive approach in solving problems
- Capable of following through and focus on time-sensitive execution with limited supervision.
- Flexibility and adaptation to evolving roles & responsibilities
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and hard-working.
Okpebholo, Akpata win Edo APC, LP gov tickets
After three gruelling days, the representative of Edo Central Senatorial District, Senator Monday Okpebholo, has been declared the winner of Edo State All Progressives Congress governorship fresh primary election.
The collation and declaration took place on Friday morning at Lushville Hotel and Suites, Government Reservation Area, Benin.
The Governor of Cross River State, Senator Bassey Otu, who was the Chairman of the Edo APC fresh poll, made the declaration after collating the results from the 18 local government areas’ returning officers that conducted the poll in the 192 wards of the state.
Okpebholo polled 12,433 votes to defeat the representative of Ovia constituency in the House of Representatives, Dennis Idahosa, who scored 6,541 votes.
The National Working Committee of the party ordered a fresh election on Thursday after the one held on Saturday was cancelled after three aspirants claimed victory after the exercise.
The former Chairman of Electoral Committee of the primary, Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo State, announced Dennis Idahosa as winner, while the returning officer, Stanley Ugboaja declared Monday Okpebholo as winner.
Also, Ojo Babatunde, who claimed to be representing the returning officers in all the local government declared Anamero Dekeri as the winner of the election.
However, the post-primary election crisis rocking the party degenerated last Monday as angry youths and women took over the party secretariat, demanding the sacking of the state working committee led by acting Chairman, Jarret Tenebe over Saturday’s election.
The crowd led by the Youth Leader of the party, Tony Adun, alias Kabaka, said that they were protesting against the conduct of the officials at Saturday’s primary election of the party which threw up three winners, noting that it was obvious the executive members worked against the party.
However, Okpebholo commended his supporters for the nomination while calling on party members to work hard to ensure that the APC was voted into power in September.
He said, “I must thank the party members that nominated me, and I promise that I will not fail them.
“It is time to come together as a party and ensure we win the September 21 election. We are all one and I must thank the party executive for standing for the truth. This is a victory for the democracy,” he added.
Also, the former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Olumide Akpata, on Friday won the governorship primary of the Edo State Labour Party as the candidate for the party in the forthcoming governorship election in the state.
Akpata, who polled a total of 316 votes, defeated his other contenders with a wide margin, with the closest aspirants, Mr. Ken Imansuagbon, popularly known as ‘Rice Man’, and Professor Sunny Eromosele scoring seven votes apiece.
While Sergius Ògún scored four votes, Mr. Earnest Àyègbè scored three votes, just as Paul Iseghohi withdrew from the race.
The Chief Returning Officer of the election and deputy governor of Abia state, Emechulu Ikechukwu, noted that the party represented truth, hard work and transparency.
In his acceptance speech, Olumide Akpata paid tribute to the late Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, whom he described as “my predecessor, elder brother and mentor”, promising to follow the late governor’s ideals if elected governor.
One of the aspirants in Thursday’s All Progressives Congress governorship primary election, Anamero Dekeri, rejected the outcome of the primary which threw up Senator Monday Okpebholo as the party’s candidate.
Dekeri, a member of the House of Representatives, representing the Etsako Federal Constituency, scored 2,566 votes as against Okpebholo who polled 12,433 votes.
He alleged that the conduct of the primaries lacked transparency and was skewed in favour of Okpebholo.
SELAR TUITION FUND SCHOLARSHIP FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS IN NIGERIA
Objective: The primary objectives of the scholarship program include:
– Supporting 50 Final-Year Students: Selar aims to empower 50 deserving students by providing NGN 100,000 each, ensuring they can successfully complete their undergraduate journey.
– Formal Launch of Selar CSR Arm: This scholarship program serves as a launchpad for Selar’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm, showcasing the organization’s commitment to social impact.
To qualify for the undergraduate Selar Tuition Fund, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Residency in Nigeria: Applicants must be students residing and studying in Nigeria, actively contributing to the local academic landscape
2. Final-Year Status: Eligible candidates should be in their final year of study, enrolled in an accredited tertiary institution, whether public, select private, or a polytechnic.
3. Statement of Purpose: Applicants are required to submit a clear and compelling statement of purpose, allowing them to articulate their aspirations and goals.
4. Academic Excellence: A Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 or a cumulative grade of 65% or higher, supported by academic records, is mandatory.
5. Financial Need: Candidates must demonstrate genuine financial or economic need, emphasizing the scholarship’s impact on their educational journey.
For the academic session 2024/25, the Selar Tuition Fund is open to students pursuing any accredited course in a recognized Nigerian university.
Applicants for the 2024 Selar Tuition Fund Scholarship must submit the following documents:
– Complete Application Form
– Academic Transcripts
– Personal Statement
Interested and eligible individuals can apply through the Selar application portal. Accuracy in completing the application and submission of all required documents are crucial for a successful application.
Deadline: While the specific deadline is not specified, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications promptly. Early submissions enhance the likelihood of consideration for this life-changing opportunity.
For additional information and to commence the application journey, visit the official webpage.
Deadline: February 29, 2024.
Note: While the article specifies February 29, 2024, please verify the deadline on the official webpage for any updates or changes.
NERC ANNUAL ESSAY COMPETITION FOR SS2 STUDENTS IN NIGERIA
– The competition is open to SS2 students in Nigeria.
– Essays must be between 450 to 500 words in length.
– Cash prizes will be awarded to outstanding students, teachers, and participating schools.
– Consolation prizes will be provided for other participants.
– Submission period: February 20th to March 15th, 2024.
– Essays can be submitted either in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a sealed A4 envelope addressed to:
2024 Essay Competition
Consumer Affairs Division
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission
NERC HOUSE, PLOT 1387 CADASTRAL ZONE
Behind BOA House Abuja
– All submissions must include the following information:
– Name of the student
– Full home and school addresses
– Email address
– Contact phone number
– Double entry will result in automatic disqualification.
– Entries must reach the specified address on or before March 15th by 5 p.m.
– Entries received after the deadline will be automatically disqualified.
Announcement of Winners:
– Successful students and schools will be contacted during the 2nd quarter of the year.
– Winners will also be announced on NERC’s official social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn (@nercng).
News9 months ago
Full Text of President Bola Tinubu’s Inauguration Speech on May 29, 2023
Headlines1 year ago
Pakistan Govt Jobs Today – Punjab Information Technology Board PITB Jobs 2022
Education1 year ago
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OKO RELEASES COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) EXAMINATION TIMETABLE FOR THE 2021/2022 ACADEMIC SESSION
Headlines7 months ago
Full Text Of President Bola Tinubu’s Address To Nigerians On Socio-economic Challenges
Headlines5 months ago
FULL TEXT: Tinubu Addresses 78th UN General Assembly
Headlines9 months ago
Nigerians Berate Tinubu’s Subsidy Removal, Says Dangote Won’t Subsidise Petrol For Nigeria
CELEBRITY NEWS8 months ago
Hilda Baci: 6 Benefits the Nigerian Chef May Enjoy as Guinness World Record Holder
Headlines9 months ago
Apapa labels Peter Obi a liar after court scuffle with LP supporters