The National Assembly Elections Petition Tribunal sitting at the Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) Lagos has nullified the return of Mr Thaddeus Atta of the Labour Party as the duly elected representative for Eti Osa Federal Constituency.
In the lead judgment, which was delivered late Monday night, the tribunal declared the elections inconclusive and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a supplementary election within 90 days in 33 polling units where elections did not hold.
Reacting to the ruling Tuesday morning in a post on X, formerly Twitter, Atta said there was no cause for alarm, noting that he was not “sacked” by the court.
“The Tribunal has simply ordered a re-run (supplementary election) in the 32 polling units where elections did not hold. We will continue working for Etiosa. I urge constituents to keep calm as we are unshaken. We will get through this together,” he said.
Bankole Wellington (Banky W) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who was declared second in the polls and the All Progressives Congress (APC)’s Ibrahim Babajide Obanikoro (IBO) had both filed petitions to challenge the elections of February 25.
In that election, INEC had declared Atta who scored 24,075 votes as the winner, while Banky W and IBO were said to have scored 18,668 and 16,901 votes, respectively.
The post Court Orders Election Rerun In Banky W’s Federal Constituency appeared first on Jomog.
MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE RELEASES PRE DEGREE ADMISSION FORM FOR THE 2023/2024 ACADEMIC SESSION
- Bachelor of Agriculture (B.Agric) with options in Agricultural Economics, Rural Sociology and Extension.
- Bachelor of Science (Ed) with options in Agric. Education, Home Economic Education, Integrated Science Education, Mathematics Education, Computer Science Education, Biology Education, Chemistry Education, and Physics Education, Library and Information Science Education
- Bachelor of Agriculture (B.Agric) with option in Agronomy, Plant Health Management and Soil Science and Meteorology.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) with options in Computer Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Statistics.
- Bachelor of Agriculture (B.Agric) with options in Animal Breeding and Physiology, Animal Nutrition and Forage Science and Animal Production and Management.
- Doctor in Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) with options in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Zoology and Environmental Biology and Plant Science and Biotechnology.
- Bachelor of Engineering with options in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Agricultural/Bio Resources Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) with options in Food Science and Technology, Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Home Economics and Hospitality Management and Tourism.
- Bachelor of Fisheries and Aquatics Resources Management, Bachelor of Forestry and Environmental Management and Bachelor of Environmental Management and Toxicology.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) with options: Industrial Relations and Personnel Management and Entrepreneurial Studies.
DELTA STATE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OZORO ROLL OUT ADMISSION LIST FOR THE 2023/2024 ACADEMIC SESSION
The list of admitted candidates have been uploaded online via JAMB CAPS. Candidates are to follow the procedure below to check;
How To Check the Admission Status on JAMB CAPS
- Visit:https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility and login with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status,
- Click on ‘Access my CAPS’
- Click on ‘Admission Status’ to see if you have been offered admission.
Candidates who have been offered admission are to proceed to click”ACCEPT” or “REJECT” to indicate acceptance or rejection of the admission offer. Congratulations to the newly Admitted candidates.
Chicago University: Apologize To Tinubu Over Academic Records Humiliation – Keyamo Knocks Atiku
The Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo has reacted to President Bola Tinubu’s academic results released by the Chicago State University, CSU.
Keyamo said the 2023 Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar should apologize to Tinubu and Nigerians for the humiliation.
In a post on X, the minister described Atiku’s journey to Chicago in a bid to expose Tinubu as fruitless.
According to Keyamo: “From the responses by Chicago State University, ATIKU’s journey to Chicago and back has been a journey to nowhere, a fruitless exercise and an odyssey in self-humiliation. President Tinubu and Nigerians deserve an unreserved apology from him.”
CSU had released the academic records of Tinubu following an order of a Chicago court.
In the result released, CSU confirmed it found three diplomas matching the certificate Tinubu presented to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, after a diligent search.
Atiku obtained victory at the court in his fierce legal battle to probe into the academic qualification of Tinubu in the February 25 presidential poll.
Tinubu had supplied certificates from the Chicago State University, CSU, to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to secure eligibility to participate in the election.
A United States of America court on Saturday ordered CSU to release Tinubu’s academic records for verification and in support of Atiku’s petition challenging the result of the 2023 presidential poll.
Justice Nancy Maldonado in a judgment dismissed the objection raised by Tinubu against Atiku’s request and expressly ordered that the CSU must submit the academic records to Atiku.
The post Chicago University: Apologize To Tinubu Over Academic Records Humiliation – Keyamo Knocks Atiku appeared first on Jomog.
News4 months ago
Full Text of President Bola Tinubu’s Inauguration Speech on May 29, 2023
Headlines2 months ago
Full Text Of President Bola Tinubu’s Address To Nigerians On Socio-economic Challenges
Headlines10 months ago
Pakistan Govt Jobs Today – Punjab Information Technology Board PITB Jobs 2022
Headlines4 months ago
Nigerians Berate Tinubu’s Subsidy Removal, Says Dangote Won’t Subsidise Petrol For Nigeria
Education1 year ago
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OKO RELEASES COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) EXAMINATION TIMETABLE FOR THE 2021/2022 ACADEMIC SESSION
CELEBRITY NEWS4 months ago
Hilda Baci: 6 Benefits the Nigerian Chef May Enjoy as Guinness World Record Holder
Headlines5 months ago
Apapa labels Peter Obi a liar after court scuffle with LP supporters
Headlines3 months ago
IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of Week-Long Sit-At-Home In South East