Connect with us

Education

KWARA STATE POLYTECHNIC RENOVATES CAMPUS LIGHT POLES

Published

on

Kwara State Polytechnic management have embarked on the renovation of the campus road light poles about 24days ago.

 

According to the Director,  Directorate of Student’s Service (DSS), Dr. Ajadi Bolakale Saheed, the renovation is one of the project of the rector to light up the school campus, especially for security of lives and properties.

One of the workers who were employed for the contract, Mr Oladimeji Adekola in an interview on Friday, said they are working hard as to complete the work as soon as possible.

 

See also  63-Year-Old Man Kills Wife For Denying Him Sex

He furthered that they have covered 70% of the work and the remaining 30% will be completed in the period of two days.

Oladimeji also expressed appreciation to the school management for giving him the opportunity to partake in the project.

 

In his view, the purpose of this renovation is to beautify and improve the school campus security at night and also, for safety while driving in the campus at night.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Education

UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG) ANNOUNCE MATRICULATION CEREMONY FOR FRESH STUDENTS, 2023/2024

Published

on

This is to inform the general public especially students that the 2023/2024 Matriculation Ceremony for Fresh UTME and Direct Entry Students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) will hold as follows:

  • Date: Friday, 2nd February, 2024
  • Time: 9:00AM Prompt
  • Venue: Jelili Adebisi Omotola Hall, UNILAG, Akoka.

Members of the University community and the general public are cordially invited.

UNILAG announces Matriculation Ceremony for fresh students, 2023/2024
See also  ASUU STRIKE : ASUU SET TO CALL OFF 8MONTH OLD STRIKE
Continue Reading

Education

NYSC 2024 BATCH A STREAM I ONLINE REGISTRATION BEGINS JANUARY 29TH

Published

on

This is to inform Prospective Corps Members that the 2024 Batch A stream I online registration has been scheduled to commenced on 29th January, 2024. Prospective Corps Members can start their registration as soon as the portal is opened. Registration will end on 4th February, 2024

PCMs are therefore to take note and act accordingly.
See also  THE POLYTECHNIC IGBO-OWU 2022/2023 POST UTME ADMISSION FORM
Continue Reading

Education

OUR MEMBERS FRUSTRATED OVER EIGHT MONTHS WITHHELD SALARIES – ASUU TO FG

Published

on

The University of Nigeria, Nsukka, branch Chairperson of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Comrade Oyibo Eze, has urged the federal government to release their members’ eight months withheld salary.

Eze said that ASUU members were being frustrated and finding it difficult to perform effectively coupled with the bad economic hardships in the country.

He made this known on Thursday during the ASUU congress held at the University of Nigeria.

“ASUU members are frustrated because of the eight months withheld salaries, coupled with the increase in exchange rate, except the eight months salaries are paid, ASUU members won’t perform effectively.

“The government should release the money to ensure and sustain peace and harmony in the academic system”, Eze said.

See also  Actress Kemity announces her engagement with a resounding “Yes” and rocks an engagement ring (Video)

He further appealed to his colleagues to exercise patience for the progress being attained in the review of the university yellow book, which is the university guideline for promotion.

According to him, ASUU has pledged to achieve its aim through dialogue and peaceful moves.

Prof Sule-kano Abdullahi, who is ASUU Trustee and Chairman National Visitation Panel of the Union, said his team was in UNN to interact with the members of the union on their challenges so as to channel such to the national office.

Abdullahi, a former National President of ASUU, also used the opportunity to present scholarship award to selected indigent students.

He said the award was to support indigent students in Nigerian universities in their education.

See also  AGAIN MOSHOOD ABIOLA POLYTECHNIC STUDENTS STAGE A PROTEST OVER TUITION FEE INCREMENT

“ASUU has instituted this annual scholarship scheme since 2018 for two indigent students in all branches of the union and has continued to do so till date in spite of all challenges.

“It is my pleasure to announce that after screening exercise by ASUU-UNN branch, Ugwu Maryjane and Ugwu Promise as the beneficiaries of UNN-ASUU scholarship scheme 2023 has been approved by the national body

“I urge you to make judicious use of the N200,000 by committing it to your education.

“I commend UNN-ASUU for given N30,000 each as consolation prize to other nine students who applied,” Abdullahi said

Continue Reading

Trending

× How can I help you?